Tuesday 6 April 2010

My written Brief:Moving Landscapes

Negotiated Learning Plan - Study Proposalv           

FdA

Commercial Photography

 

Level 2

Module/s

Work Related Final Project

 

Academic Year

 

Student Name

Claire Harman

 

F/T

x

P/T


Please refer to your Module Handbook for the Learning Outcomes

 

Proposal - Title

Moving Landscapes

Date:

23/3/2010

Content:

I am going to produce a series of 10 Images in two different styles 5 in colour and 5 in black and white. I will be using graduated filters on my camera itself and I will also research into using graduated filters on Photoshop, to make the sky’s dramatic and neutral density filters to increase colours. I will also be using polarising filters with the grads to increase the colours within the sky and bring out the clouds.

 I have chosen to do this to achieve dramatic landscapes with different feelings like movement, stillness, sunsets and even people within my landscapes. At the same time I want the viewer to feel like they are actually in the subject themselves.

 I will be travelling to areas with pleasant scenery and focusing my landscapes on my surrounding area, and I have decided to begin with Robin Hood’s Bay . I will be using different camera techniques i.e. shutter speeds to create a blurring of water and clouds. Apertures to create a depth of field, and re-looking into the zone system in digital to achieve correct tones. I will also be researching into landscape photographers.

I will produce the following

  • A series of 10 images being a mixture  5 black and white and 5 colour to a professional standard.
  • A well structured researched blog.
  • A DVD with all 10 images on tiff format and web format.

 

Associated Research

I will start by looking into art  landscape photographers like, Marc Adamus,John Blakemore, Michael Kenna,Charlie Waite, and Jason Theaker.

I intend to use the library, journals and magazines and the internet.

 Once I have got a feel for what I’m wanting to achieve, will research in depth of shutter speeds, apertures, filters. I will also research into well known techniques landscape photographers use.

 I will research into the zone system for digital to understand how to get the right tones within my images right . Most important I will look into composition.

 I intend to carefully research the markets for this style of photography and gain a greater understanding of how to sell my work

Learning Goals

To develop my  skills to be a landscape photographer.

To understand how to produce images good enough for stock, my website and other usage.

To learn about how to plan and manage and work the light for landscape photography

Refer to Assignment/Project Brief for Assessment Criteria          

Staff

 

Student

 

No comments:

Post a Comment